Thursday, February 12, 2009

On That Day

Photobucket
There was a day
when I was young
just a flash in time
a moment . . . stirring like the wind
to take my breath away
and it was You.

I walked into a room of people
but only you were there.
A sun tanned face turned to me
wide eyed and chiseled . . . a strong
face full of questions so intense
and then . . . that smile
that absolutely perfect smile . . .
sunshine and heartache all in one.

Stranger . . .
you brushed against me
in my dreams a thousand times
but on that day your flesh was real.
Little did I know
you would still be here
in my bed today.

Joanne Cucinello 2009

11 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful!!!! Dad must love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine . . . Dad did love it . . . Thank you, hon.

    Thank you also, Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely, heartfelt poem. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful and well put poem. I like it very much.
    a-girl-on-a-mission

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rico,
    Thanks for your comments. I hope you stop by again to read some more. I had a chance to read your Funky Joints . . . very expressive poetry! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shannon,
    Thanks for the visit. I read your bio and sounds like you've got it all together in the right order.
    Peace and Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the line "but on that day your flesh was real." I'm not sure I like the ellipses scattered throughout, but that's a minor issue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Gabriel,
    I often use ellipses here and there in my poetry. In this piece more than usual. It's kind of become a spontaneous signature, but you've given me something to think about!
    I'm glad you took the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect and concise poem, not a wasted word yet moving and surprising.

    I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barry,
    Thank you so much for commenting on my poem. I'm really happy that you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit my Poetry Blog. . . Hope you enjoy!

Business Directory for Port Jefferson, NY

Business Directory for Port Jefferson, NY
created at TagCrowd.com