Monday, November 30, 2009

I Shot An Arrow (revised)

Photobucket
It could be a Love Poem remembered,
or a Psalm in time of need, perhaps
that worn page so often turned to,
that becomes the gifting "word of life"
bursting through barren soil
like an arrow set to fly.

They come to us in whispers,
these words, and even in our dreams,
emerging from the sacred Well of Memory
a bucket filled to quench our thirsty souls.

Some sting the flesh with honesty, like
an unexpected mirror turned to grab the heart
and then, some come tender like
a long forgotten kiss upon the brow
or a smile just in time, from a passing stranger.

Who can tame the flight of words
that spring from tongue or pen?
Who presumes to see their port of call?
No one, not even the Wind

Yet, there are those words
that linger on past dawn,
words that move us
turning inward, searching yet
beyond the common door to find
a reason to believe
a reason to keep loving
a reason . . . to forgive.

Joanne Cucinello

6 comments:

  1. i am visiting for the very first time..

    i very much enjoyed your poem...awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who can tame the flight of words
    that spring from tongue or pen?
    Who presumes to see their port of call?
    No one, not even the Wind"

    Just perfect! What a great description...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Shraddha. So happy you enjoyed this. I stopped by your lively blog. I can see you are a lover of life . . . and of your children! Very nice.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Man in Black! Your words are kind. I stopped by to read a few poems you've written too and left you a comment.
    So nice to meet a fellow poet!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI!Truly love your writings.Reminds me of so many emotions.

    I write ,too.mostly to take out some things out of my system.I would love it if you can visit my blog and give me some advices.

    Truly great blog.I'm glad i found it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, June. I love meeting aspiring poets like yourself.
    As I'm sure you've found already . . a whole new world opens up when you begin to write.
    I've left a comment on your lovely blog. Keep up the good work . . . you have talent.
    Cheers!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit my Poetry Blog. . . Hope you enjoy!

Business Directory for Port Jefferson, NY

Business Directory for Port Jefferson, NY
created at TagCrowd.com