Sunday, January 13, 2013

Foggy Day

foggyday



How do people get along
in places where the sun
hides almost every day?

I can't imagine it
since I'm evaporating slowly
into this fog myself.

The sun's given up on us
it seems . . .
angry about something or other
as if it didn't know
what was coming when it got the job!

I'm sure there was a sad comment or two
from the angels
about this situation called "humanity"
and all the screw ups we'd be making
down the line

but hiding so long only makes things worse
pills and booze and ropes come out of the closets
a "goodbye letter" gets scribbled on a nice white napkin
and someone starts smashing mirrors
down the street . . . I heard it myself, yesterday.

Come on out, Sun!  I can't take much more of this.
Ugh! The DRAMA!!!


Joanne Cucinello  2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit my Poetry Blog. . . Hope you enjoy!

Business Directory for Port Jefferson, NY

Business Directory for Port Jefferson, NY
created at TagCrowd.com