Thursday, April 19, 2018

And the Two Became One




Oh, I knew it would happen one day
but I dreamed we’d die together, like Romeo and Juliette.
After all, . . . how could I live without you, my Romeo?

Yet here I am today . . . just Me, just One of us,
looking at pictures, the two of us together through the years,
remembering your eyes, your smile; wanting never to forget
your voice and how it sounded, when you spoke my name.

And I, so wanting to feel you again, like those times when
you’d playfully sneak up behind me at the kitchen sink.
You'd push my hair aside to plant your lips upon my neck with
kisses, so warmed by your breath, that I’d drop the soap and melt.

Oh God! I was so in love with you!
All these years!  

How do I start to live without you?

How do I become just Me?

Joanne  2018


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit my Poetry Blog. . . Hope you enjoy!

Business Directory for Port Jefferson, NY

Business Directory for Port Jefferson, NY
created at TagCrowd.com