Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sandbox

Sandbox Pictures, Images and Photos
So what do I say?
Does it even matter now that
all the sand is gone?
I never played there anyway.

So what . . .
if I heard things I wasn't supposed to?
So what . . .
if I knew the world was going to end
when I was only seven?

How do you carry the sins of your mother
and one day say no more
and one day say . . . go away
and don't come back!?

What do you say to God?
Where were you???
I know . . . I know . . . but I really don't know
even though I was supposed to
even though I thought all children were forgiven.


Joanne Cucinello 2008

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, just another guy. Glad you liked it. I've read your poetry and left a comment for you too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary. I'm caught sometimes by memories that can only be expressed for me in poetry. I'm grateful for your comment.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit my Poetry Blog. . . Hope you enjoy!

Business Directory for Port Jefferson, NY

Business Directory for Port Jefferson, NY
created at TagCrowd.com